COURSE: INNOVATION FOR DIGITAL BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION
This course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and techniques of how to accelerate digital business transformation with confidence. It provides the stepping stones to help create a digital advantage and become a future-ready adaptive data-driven organisation.
Advancing any business digitally will hinge on choosing the right technologies, innovating its models and practices, and preparing the organisation for change in order to deliver the desired outcomes for its customers, users and partners, at pace.
This course will equip participants with crucial knowledge and ‘how to’ techniques to optimise their organisation's digital maturity and become a future-ready, adaptive data-driven business. The course provides:
- Methods to use convergence of emerging digital trends, patterns and change vectors
- Models to support the development of the Enterprise Architecture using building blocks of data, analytics, technologies, and people
- Methods to develop ‘Use Cases’ to create digital channels and extensions
- Techniques to understand what Digital Maturity is and how to optimise it
- Models to build solution paths to achieve Digital Business Transformation
- Tools to create and validate the Digital Business Strategy
Seven key sections are covered and normally delivered in one day:
- Trends & Disruptive Vectors (Convergence of emerging trends, patterns and change vectors)
- Digital Business Transformation (What is it? and Why Embrace it? The Adaptive Organisation, the role of Innovation, the impact of Digital Transformation on the Business Model and the Operating Model, Defining the desired outcomes from Digital Transformation, Review of the business’ Interconnected Capabilities. Building a STACK of the needed – new–digital capabilities for your organisation, Examples of digital transformations in key sectors).
- Innovation Driven Digital Transformation (Establishing the twelve stepping-stones to digital transformation from defining the desired Ambition, through establishing Digital Maturity, Digital Literacy, Legal, Ethical & Governance Framework to that of building Use Cases and demonstrating Performance of Digital Innovation and Transformation using Value Pyramid and its associated OKRs and KPIs.
- Automation & Artificial Intelligence (Process Automation, AI and Machine Learning). AI and Human Input aligned to International guidance SO/IEC 23053:2022 Framework for Artificial Intelligence Systems Using Machine Learning) and Integrating them into existing Control Processes.
- Foundational Elements to Digital Transformation (Data, Analytics, Technologies, People, Processes).
- What is data, Agreeing the basics for consistent and trusted data, Developing Data Management Principles for building a modern big Data Architecture, Turning Data into Assets to create Value, Enabling the business to Make Better Decisions, Deliver Better Operations and Offer Better Solutions to Customers and Stakeholders
- Analytics and the power and value of prediction, The different types of Machine Learning, Machine Learning preparation, development and deployment stages, AI and its foundational building blocks, The different types of analytics (Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive, Prescriptive), Linking Data and Analytics Practices to the Business Policies, Ethical, Legal & Synthetic, Challenges of AI, Establishing a Legal and Ethical Framework for Digital
- New and Emerging Technologies- Establishing a Technology Watch program and leveraging strategic tech trends to shape digital business TX, Aligning Technology Roadmaps to Levels of Readiness, Using platform touchpoints to achieve Total Experience (TX) for customers/users and employees, Everything-as-a-Service (Platforms), Identify the platform combination for your organisation, Digital Ecosystem Platform
- People - Advance Data Literacy - the new core capability of digital economy, How to increase organisation’s digital literacy & dexterity, How to set up for digital acceleration, assessing interconnected challenges, empower people with ”Power Apps”, Closing the Gaps and Re-balancing Digital Capability across all business activities
- Process - Enterprise Architecture (EA): the basic building blocks, Enterprise Architecture in action, Connecting the Roadmap pieces (products, operations and channels), Applying DevOps approach to the Enterprise Architecture configuration-
to continuously monitor and adapt the (product) Life Cycle
- Creating your Digital Business Strategy (Preparing your Digital Strategy), Deciding on the scope and degree of automation, Agreeing & setting the business optimisation values, Examining how competitors/ adversaries can use digital advantage against you, ensuring the right balance of know-how, talent and key practices to make digital happen, Building your own LEADERSHIP competencies for Digital, Deciding on the scope of Data-sharing for your organisation, Creating your DT Strategy-on-a-Page (the Minimum Viable Digital Strategy).
- Building a Solution Path to Digital Transformation (Structuring the Phases- from Mobilising to Implementing). Establishing the Digital Maturity Baseline, Identifying Digital Assets and Capabilities (the Digital Factory), Designing for: Availability, Security, Distributed Governance and Risk Mitigation, Scaling and Optimising to deliver Operational Excellence - Enabling new ways of: i) working; ii) workplace formation; and iii) workforce development.
WHO SHOULD ENROL:
This course is aimed at senior and middle managers who wish to innovate and jump-start their digital transformation.
This programme is delivered to a postgraduate qualification level (level 7).
Organisations from public and private sectors such as: Abu Dhabi Investment Council, ADNOC, BAPCO, City of Glasgow College, Cleveland Clinic, Defence and Security Accelerator DASA (UK), Global Aluminium, King Saoud University, Kuwait Oil Company, Kuwait’s Communication and Information Technology Regulatory Authority, Masdar Renewable Energy, Ministry of Transport, Communications, and Information Technology Oman, Mubadala Investment Company UAE, NATO Strategic Command, National Cybersecurity Authority (KSA), Omantel, Protection Group International, Qatar Central Bank, Qatar University, Raytheon, UK Defence Intelligence, UK Ministry of Defence MoD, UK Security Services, University of Bahrain amongst many others.
Prof Sam Medhat
PhD MPhil CEng FIET FCIM FCMI FRSA FIKE FIoD
Professor Medhat is Chief Executive of the IKE Institute where he helps businesses and academic institutions develop effective strategies for growth. Medhat is a Trustee of the STEM Foundation, a Visiting Professor to the University of Westminster, a Visiting Professor to University of Suffolk, a Visiting Professor to Plymouth's University of St Mark & St John, a serial entrepreneur, a business innovator and an inventor with patents and extensive publications and books worldwide. Medhat sits on the boards of a number of international companies and colleges. He is also a member of the BSI and ISO Technical Committees for developing Innovation Management Standards. He has worked in business, education and policy and has a unique perspective on what makes an organisation really innovative. Professor Medhat led innovation accreditations and benchmarking certifications in many multinational organisations such as Abellio, BAE Systems, EDF Energy, Hitachi Nuclear, Magnox, MBDA Missile Systems, Ministry of Defence, Panasonic, Raytheon and Thales amongst others.
Medhat has an established reputation for driving forward ideas and making things happen. Former roles include Vice President of NASDAQ technology company, IBM Professor of Concurrent Engineering, Intergraph Professor of Electronic Design Automation, founding Principal & Chief Executive of the University of Dubai, Director of the UK Engineering and Technology Board, Governor of Activate Learning (a group of colleges in Oxfordshire and Berkshire). He holds a PhD and Master degrees in engineering and technology and is a fellow of a number of royal chartered professional institutions in technology, management and marketing..