STEM Seminar: London
Date: 11 July 2014 : 10:00 - 13:00
Create your STEM Capability today to Deliver the Future
- The skills gap continues to widen in the UK. In a recent CBI survey, 42% of respondents stated that recent engineering, IT and technical recruits did not meet reasonable expectations for levels of skill.
- At NEF’s ‘Inventing the Future’ think-tank, misalignment between college provision and what STEM companies are really looking for was highlighted. The worst examples showed 80% of their curriculum was ‘misaligned’ - that is it didn’t meet industry requirements.
In answering the question: "how do you create programmes that are not only fit for purpose but meet industry needs today and in the future?", requires the development of an integrated STEM strategy that embraces innovation at its centre.
Join this STEM Strategy Seminar and find out the following:
- What do I need to consider when creating a college-wide, cross-curricula STEM strategy?
- What changing trends in STEM education should I be focusing on?
- How do I differentiate my courses and create Unique Selling Propositions to drive competitive advantage?
- What connecting themes should I consider when developing new programmes?
- What space and resources should I factor in?
- How do I apply innovation and design thinking to develop new educational and commercial offers?
- How do I align with and drive my regional economic priorities to become a skills magnet for new enterprise?
- How do I drive collaborative partnerships with STEM industry to co-develop and co-deliver programmes?
So, don’t wait! Take charge today and join us at this seminar in London on 11 July and start to design your STEM capability for the future.
**Regrettably, due to space restrictions, no more than 2 delegates will be permitted to register from one college.
By attending the forum you will:
- Appreciate the key ingredients of an integrated STEM strategy
- See how horizon scanning can be used effecitvely
- Understand the importance of cross curricula STEM development
- Understand how to use innovation practices to improve enterprise and business engagement Understand the STEM priorities of your region