JISC and NEF have partnered together to develop a programme to help Business and Community Engagement practioners in FE Colleges and Universities to create environments for sharing and transferring information and knowledge gained through CPD. NEF have devised the Golden Knowledge Bites (GKB) programme which consists of 6 videos that illustrate the value and importance of CPD, and focus on secondments to build up knowledge and skills, and engender a culture of knowledge exchange.
The GKB video series covers the following:
1. Why do you need to capture knowledge?
2. How do you capture tacit and turn it into explicit knowledge?
3. What is your current capability for transferring knowledge?
4. How do you improve your transfer of knowledge?
5. How do you embed a knowledge exchange culture?
6. How do you measure the impact of knowledge exchange?
The videos feature interviews with lecturers, teachers, tutors and trainers from High Education and Further Education institutions, with many shot on site at the BCE practioner's place of secondment.
The GKB series will be launched through the JISC website in Spring 2010.